These whole wheat Banana choco-chip cookies are extremely soft with a cake-like texture. Whenever bananas are overripe at home I will jump and try new recipes with it. My all-time favorite is banana cake but recently I tried this cookie variation and it is absolutely delicious.
Not like the regular crunchy cookies the banana cookies have a shortbread texture which literally melts in your mouth. moreover, the added chocolate buttons and walnuts give a rich taste to the cookies. The aroma won’t resist you in grabbing a few cookies while baking them.
I used jaggery and powdered brown sugar as a sweetener in this whole wheat cookies. This is a complete kid-friendly recipe. I bet this is going to take place in your kid’s favorite snack list. Two large cookies are sufficient to fill your little one’s tiny tummy for quite some time.
This recipe pulls very basic ingredients available at home. All you need is Butter, Eggs, Vanilla, Brown sugar, overripe banana, wheat flour, baking powder, and soda. I have added chocolate buttons to the banana cookies but this is optional. These wheat cookies are a much healthier option than the regular maida cookies. Anyone can grab and enjoy a guilt-free snacking.
Can I add nuts to the cookie?
I added walnuts, the best combination with bananas however you can add any type of dry fruits like almonds, cashews, raisins, etc. Adding nuts to the cookies enhance the flavor. Even you can enjoy plain classic cookies with intense banana flavor.
Are eggs mandatory?
Eggs give a soft and fluffy texture for the cookies however you can skip the eggs in this recipe because banana takes up the work of eggs in making it extremely soft.
“You might also like”
How to ripen banana fast?
I know your urge to try the delicious cookies but you will get the intense banana flavor, only with overripe bananas. Here is a tip to easily ripen your banans.
- Put the bananas in a paper cover and loosely fold it. Add apple or few already riped bananas. This will help to increase the ethylene gas which helps in riping the fruit faster. In this way, your banana will ripe enough in a day.
- The other method is the oven riping trick. Place your bananas in a lined baking plate and turn on the oven to 300 degrees. bake until the skin turns black. Let the bananas cool down. Soft and mushy bananas are ready to try new recipes.
So, please do try the Whole wheat banana choco-chip cookies and let me know your comments.
- Overly ripe bananas are highly recommended for this recipe then only you could feel the intense banana flavor.
- Do not mix water to the cookie dough. The dough seems to be thick while mixing but once the ingredients are nicely combined the dough will be smooth.
- Adding nuts and chocolate chips are purely optional.
- Suggest adding two bananas if you are trying an eggless version.