“Grill Chicken Recipe | Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe with step-by-step pictures. Spicy and juicy Grill chicken recipe made with Chicken legs marinated in Indian spices “
Grill Chicken Recipe | Oven Roasted Chicken Recipe
When I got an oven to experiment with new cuisines and recipes, I tried a cupcake and then an oven-roasted grill chicken recipe. Even though I am not a meat lover I like to cook for my husband and my little Son. Grill chicken is one of the favorite recipes of my son. Today I am using Chicken legs, also called chicken drumsticks for this recipe. However, you can apply the same recipe for Chicken wings, Chicken breast, or even grill full chicken.
Chicken has become a staple and irreplaceable food in our daily lives. most people tempt to have roasted chicken. If you can give it healthy, bake happily in the oven. Unless like standing and roasting the chicken in a pan for several minutes you can put it in the oven and relax by just tossing in simple ingredients on your chicken.
Grill Chicken Recipe
- Wash about 6 pieces of chicken legs (Chicken Drumsticks) in clean water and give a small slit in the middle of the chicken. This slit will help in better absorption of the spices.
- In a small mixing bowl Add 1/2 spoon of coriander powder, Gharam masala,3/4 spoon of chili powder, 3/4 spoon of cumin powder, and add salt to taste.
- Crush some fresh peppercorns or add 3/4 spoon of pepper powder and 1 spoon of ginger garlic paste.
- Add about 2 tbsp of lemon juice, 4 tbsp of thick curd,1 spoon of all-purpose flour or corn starch for a crispy texture.
- Add 2 tbsp of melted butter
- Mix the ingredients to a smooth paste. Now apply the paste over the chicken legs.
- In the oven place a tray with water below the grilling tray. This helps to prevent the chicken from drying.
- Preheat the oven to 180-degree celsius for 15 mins. Place the chicken legs in the grilling tray and bake for 20-30 mins on each side.
- Apply butter while flipping the chicken or before serving.
- Serve the soft and juicy Oven roasted chicken with homemade mayonnaise.
You might also like
Frequently asked questions
Can I bake the chicken with skin?
Yes, You can bake the chicken with skin. this allows the chicken to absorb more flavors.
Can I use chicken wings for an oven-roasted chicken recipe?
Yes, You can apply the same recipe to any of your preferred pieces.
Is marinating the chicken a mandatory step?
I would say NO and YES. Because marination helps the chicken to absorb the spices and flavor better. as long as the chicken gets marinated your chicken will be tender and juicy. however, you can skip the marination if you have an unplanned chicken grill day.
Variations of Grill chicken Recipe
You can try many different variations on this grill chicken recipe. My husband one of the favorite variations is the mint grilled. The recipe is very simple just toss a generous amount of mint and coriander leaves into a mixie jar. Add in few pods of garlic and a piece of ginger. Add in green chili and salt to taste. Grind well. Apply over the chicken and allow for marination. bake inside the over for 30 mins each side.
Stay here for more chicken grill recipes like bbq chicken grill, honey grilled chicken, garlic chicken, chicken malai, etc.